Sunshine Rewards

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Steak Dinner - Make the Prices Work For You!

I have been doing this for years, simply because it was a way to stretch my money - so that I could get more out of my dollar - make it go farther - whatever you want to call it. But now I see it as a way to just SAVE MONEY.

When I used to go out to eat, I'd just look for the cheapest item - whether it was what I wanted or not, the price was the deciding factor. Well, that works okay, but I have since learned how to order what I want, as well as stretch my dollars! And looking at prices is still the deciding factor! It is just in HOW you look at the prices! Make them work for you!

I went to a steak house. They offer a 12 oz steak for $11.49 which includes a large baked potatoe, good size salad and bread. The next step up was a 16 oz steak for $12.49, same extras. So for $1.00 more, I can get 4oz more of steak! That works well! BUT....if you order a huge meal and eat it all right then and there, what happens? You go home stuff, bloated, miserable and then you end up sitting on the sofa because you are so stuffed that you can't even move. How much fun was it to eat out? I my book, not much! I paid $12.49 to feel miserable the rest of the day! Not acceptable!!!! That takes all the fun out of eating out. So.... here's what you have to do and consider when you are eating out on a budget, and want to get the most for your money and still feel good after you have eaten......

I chose the 16oz steak. My bill is $12.49 and order the steak medium rare. I eat the salad that they bring first. That is quite filling. Then when they bring the meal, I eat the baked potatoe and start eating the steak, small pieces at a time around the outter 1 inch edges of the steak. The salad, the potatoe, the bread and water to drink - I get full soon enough. They say that it only takes 20 minutes for your stomach to "feel full" so what is in there after 20 minutes is what fills you and what goes in after that is what makes you "stuffed". So stop after 20 mintues!
Then I take the steak home. A reheated baked potatoe isn't very good, nor is reheated garlic bread. But the steak - lots of options there! I order it medium rare. Why? The outter edges are done well enough to eat right then and the inside is rare so that when I reheat it the next day, it just cooks to proper "medium" instead of cooking to "well done"!


Now I have 2 meals for the price of one! Tomorrow I have will have a nice steak and I can make a wonderful steak burrito, a steak quesadilla, make my own baked potatoe and reheat the steak as is. Lots that you can do with 10oz of steak! So 2 full meals for the $12.49 - that's $6.25 each - that's the cost of the average value meal at a fast food! But this way, you get 2 great healthy meals!

Share your comments about your favorite way to save money when eating out!


To make money, save money or just stretch what you have - continue reading for more tips, ideas and ways to do all 3!

Leave a comment! Click "comment" below! Thanks!

To make money, save money or just stretch what you have-continue reading articles for more tips, ideas and ways to do all 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home